This is a great dish to put together quickly and there’s no cooking. It is featured as a recipe in Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn’s ground-breaking book, “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease“. Note this is the book not the cookbook. It serves 4
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed WELL.
- 1 very large tomato, chopped
- 1 16 oz package of frozen corn
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 6 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Lime and zest
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
Put beans, tomato, corn, onion and water chestnuts in a bowl and mix. Rinsing the beans well keeps the salad from looking gray.
Add cilantro, lime, and balsamic vinegar and mix again. Serve alone or with cucumber open faced sandwiches for a perfect meal.